THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Books you purchased...(for your ipad, nook, kindle, etc)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Books you purchased...(for your ipad, nook, kindle, etc)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
I've been searching Amazon and have found some Hunting/Shooting related books for my Kindle Fire. And figured I would make a thread on here for everyone to post what they have got on their E-Reader...and what your review of that book was.

I am going to start downloading books this week and will post my comments on them. I wish more Elmer Kieth and Jack O Conner books were more readily available on them.

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Call me old fashioned but I cant see myself reading a book on a Kindle or similar.

I need to feel the paper , and manually turn the page , and use a a scrap of paper or piece of wool for a page marker. I need to be able to put my book down and then glance at it during the day and wonder " have I got time for another couple of pages? ".

Can I do that with an electronic gizmo? I think not ...

A book is more than just words on pages , its a whole experience in itself - at least if its a good one .

Sorry to hi-jack the thread before it begins , no doubt others will respond with the answers you were seeking

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I agree, and have quite the library of hunting and fishing books. I am just wanting to get some for my Kindle so I use it more since it was a gift.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
If you haven't read any of the Wilbur Smith books, you should. My favorite was Monsoon

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I'm going the other way. At age 75, I look around my office and little trophy room and see more than 2,000 wonderful books and then I ask myself whatever will my wife, daughter and grandkids do with them when I'm gone -- sell them to the first "appraiser" who offers them $1,000 for the lot? As much as it hurts, that's why I've begun selling them while I'm still able. An e-book would be great, especially if I still were traveling out of country, but I'm not.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Call me old fashioned but I cant see myself reading a book on a Kindle or similar.

I need to feel the paper , and manually turn the page , and use a a scrap of paper or piece of wool for a page marker. I need to be able to put my book down and then glance at it during the day and wonder " have I got time for another couple of pages? ".

Can I do that with an electronic gizmo? I think not ...

Think again....where you stop on Kindle is where you begin when you go back to it...

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Undeniable that your Kindle will be stopped at where ever you left it , but it wont have the feel of the paper , nor the smell of the ink , or the character of a book . A book is more than just words...

I have no doubt that a Kindle or similar is great if you are a techno-type , but I aint , and intend being old fashioned and grumpy as I get older. But each to their own , and any reading is better than no reading .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I have a pretty fair sporting library here but I also have a Kindle and a Nook! A good part of the year I'm on my gillnetter or in a hunting camp where compactness is a virtue. On the other hand I will read most anything including most best sellers,classics and detective books.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote