The Accurate Reloading Forums
Books you purchased...(for your ipad, nook, kindle, etc)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521043/m/1861062961

02 January 2012, 06:46
Buglemintoday
Books you purchased...(for your ipad, nook, kindle, etc)
I've been searching Amazon and have found some Hunting/Shooting related books for my Kindle Fire. And figured I would make a thread on here for everyone to post what they have got on their E-Reader...and what your review of that book was.

I am going to start downloading books this week and will post my comments on them. I wish more Elmer Kieth and Jack O Conner books were more readily available on them.

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"
03 January 2012, 00:27
muzza
Call me old fashioned but I cant see myself reading a book on a Kindle or similar.

I need to feel the paper , and manually turn the page , and use a a scrap of paper or piece of wool for a page marker. I need to be able to put my book down and then glance at it during the day and wonder " have I got time for another couple of pages? ".

Can I do that with an electronic gizmo? I think not ...

A book is more than just words on pages , its a whole experience in itself - at least if its a good one .

Sorry to hi-jack the thread before it begins , no doubt others will respond with the answers you were seeking

Old enough to know better
03 January 2012, 18:25
Buglemintoday
I agree, and have quite the library of hunting and fishing books. I am just wanting to get some for my Kindle so I use it more since it was a gift.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"
04 January 2012, 01:14
SBT
If you haven't read any of the Wilbur Smith books, you should. My favorite was Monsoon

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark
04 January 2012, 07:08
billrquimby
I'm going the other way. At age 75, I look around my office and little trophy room and see more than 2,000 wonderful books and then I ask myself whatever will my wife, daughter and grandkids do with them when I'm gone -- sell them to the first "appraiser" who offers them $1,000 for the lot? As much as it hurts, that's why I've begun selling them while I'm still able. An e-book would be great, especially if I still were traveling out of country, but I'm not.

Bill Quimby
04 January 2012, 19:31
billinthewild
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Call me old fashioned but I cant see myself reading a book on a Kindle or similar.

I need to feel the paper , and manually turn the page , and use a a scrap of paper or piece of wool for a page marker. I need to be able to put my book down and then glance at it during the day and wonder " have I got time for another couple of pages? ".

Can I do that with an electronic gizmo? I think not ...

Think again....where you stop on Kindle is where you begin when you go back to it...

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt
05 January 2012, 11:46
muzza
Undeniable that your Kindle will be stopped at where ever you left it , but it wont have the feel of the paper , nor the smell of the ink , or the character of a book . A book is more than just words...

I have no doubt that a Kindle or similar is great if you are a techno-type , but I aint , and intend being old fashioned and grumpy as I get older. But each to their own , and any reading is better than no reading .

Old enough to know better
13 January 2012, 01:51
waterrat
I have a pretty fair sporting library here but I also have a Kindle and a Nook! A good part of the year I'm on my gillnetter or in a hunting camp where compactness is a virtue. On the other hand I will read most anything including most best sellers,classics and detective books.

I tend to use more than enough gun