THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Midway Norway price versus getting the book from US price

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway Norway price versus getting the book from US price
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
I have gooten some books from midway morway through the yeras, it wasnt until i ordered some from Safar Press and others in the States that i realised the huge pricedifference (pd).

One of capsticks books cost over 400 kroner.Ca 60 dollars. If i order it from the states ca 25-30 dollars. Others have cost more than that, so i can order 2 or 3 and get them for the price of one from Midway.

I saw that Bill Quimby had several books there, and ui havent orderd them yet since they are a bit to steep in price for me just now, but ill get them as the time and cash permittst that.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
"I saw that Bill Quimby had several books there, and ui havent orderd them yet since they are a bit to steep in price for me just now, but ill get them as the time and cash permittst that."

Mr. Rigby:

Please excuse my promoting my own works, but my personal favorites are:

"Wind In My Face," which I wrote with Hubert Thummler of Mexico. Hubert is an incredible guy. He's 76 now, but as soon as SCI establishes a new category in its record book, he's on a plane to somewhere to collect it. He started hunting late in life and has taken virtually everything in the record book since then.

"Royal Quest." I wrote this about the hunting feats of HIH Prince Abdorreza (brother of the last Shah of Iran) who loaned me his diaries and consented to in-person interviews. The price is steep, but there were only 500 copies published of this limited first edition and this (as well as the subject) should make it a valuable collector's item a few years from now. His royal status opened hunting fields that no other hunter will ever be fortunte enough to enjoy.

Both of the above are available from Safari Press in California.

You also may enjoy my "History of SCI," available from SCI publications, 4800 W. Gates Pass Road, Tucson AZ for $100 US, in which I tell how Safari Club International grew from C.J. McElroy's dream to the world's largest organization of big game hunters. Mac and I were friends, but he also was a controversial figure and I show him as he was -- warts and all. I wrote this book under contract and the text was approved by SCI committees. I was pleasantly surprised to see that several things I wrote about were allowed to appear in print.

I also ghost wrote Mac's last three books now offered by Trophy Room Books. My favorite of these is "McElroy Hunts Dangerous Game."

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Ill get in a while , there is just a few months before christmas.

I have ordered a couple of books from safaripress. One boddington book i didnt have and Use enough gun, and they had a break in price on CJ McElroy hunts asia for 10 dollars!

Well i havebt read any of his before and its a good way to start with his books,but dont worry Bill ill get yours in a little while.

first ihave to scrounge up cash for Safaris , and perhaps a Shikari,but ill get them.

I will soon post some of the writings by a Norwegian gunwriter/hunter , who unfortunately passed away 2 years ago at 49. He wrote as good as Ruark/Hemingway in one and he loved Afrika, BC and other places he hunted.

His name was Svein Solli, and i was fortunate to meet him once and he was a great guy.

He and a friend had a magazine called"the Weaponsjournal" and it was a great magazine, but it was some years ago and then it went bankrupt.

Such a pity since it was some of the best ever published over here.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Gents:
Among my thousands (GASP!) of books are an inscribed/autographed Capstick ("Death in the Long Grass"), and original Ruark "Uhuru" (in DJ) and "Something of Value".
Is anyone interested??? Capstick @ 50.US and the others @ 15. each....any one plus 3.00 postage in the USA.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote