Find
Notify
Tools

My book is finally available
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted
I wanted to tell everyone that the book I've been working on for so many years is now in print.

The Krybosian Stairpath is a children's novel (for ages 8 -12). It's about an 11-year-old girl named Madison and her adventures trying to uncover a family mystery.

It is available online at the following retailers:
www.abebooks.com
www.alibris.com
www.amazon.com
www.barnesandnoble.com
www.betterworldbooks.com
www.booksamillion.com
www.iUniverse.com
(Search by author or title)

And it's currently also available in ebook format (for computer download).

It will be available in Kindle and Sony Reader format during the first week of December 2009.

If you want to learn more about the book, you can go to my web site http://www.srrcolvin.com/.

And thanks to AR's "filmit" for his words of encouragement as I was finalizing this publishing project.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats, sue. Writing a book, and then getting the dang thing published is like passing a one-pound kidney stone.

Good luck with it.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sue, I'll be sure and pick up a copy for my 7 year old daughter for xmas. She's in the 2nd grade and reading at a 6th grade level. She's turning into quite the bookworm.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. What hunts does she engage in? Rifles or other firearms used? Does she reload?
bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
No hunts. No firearms. No reloading.

However, with the main character's computer skills and the book's geology theme, I probably should have posted this in the "Technology" forum or the "Natural World" forum. I went with the book forum instead.

I live in a world of glorified guns and global hunting. I guess I use fiction writing to go to a place where something other than hunting and shooting takes place. wave

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
No hunts. No firearms. No reloading.

However, with the main character's computer skills and the book's geology theme, I probably should have posted this in the "Technology" forum or the "Natural World" forum. I went with the book forum instead.

I live in a world of glorified guns and global hunting. I guess I use fiction writing to go to a place where something other than hunting and shooting takes place. wave

I wish you well. I was just teasing you.... Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you mean there actually IS a place where hunting and shooting don't take place? Figures it's fiction...

Congrats!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you mean there actually IS a place where hunting and shooting don't take place? Figures it's fiction...

Congrats!

Rich

clap

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sue, I'm itching to buy a copy and would expect nothing less than a copy signed by the author but my daughter hasn't shown any signs of presenting me with a grandchild yet and it'd be bad luck for me to buy a copy until she at least gets pregnant!

Every time I ask he about it, she just laughs and tells me she now knows what a pain in the arse she was as a kid and doesn't want that inflicted on her! Wink

Ah well, guess I'll have to be patient!