New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rudolf Sand
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, Found myself in a small country town second hand bookshop a few days ago and picked up this book, It's called "Those Were The Days" by Rudolf Sand, it's been signed and numbered 951 of 1000 copies, it's in perfect condition and comes with a dust cover, any info on this book guys and is there any other books avaliable by Rudolf Sand..thanks

Posts: 147 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I have the same book, but I haven't seen it for a while. I met Rudolf Sand years ago. He was the genuine article, a true sportsman who refused to hunt introduced game, even the introduced free-ranging game of South America and the South Pacific. His son apparently has the same values.

I found only one copy available for sale in a search I did tonight. It was $100. It is rare enough that other sellers may ask more for it.

Sand also wrote in his native language, but as far as I know, "Those Were The Days" was his only English-language title.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate, I'm just starting to read it now and with the back ground on Rudolf you provided it with be a good read..cheers

Posts: 147 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Have been looking for that book myself.
PM sent Bill!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Rudolf Sand did very well on the hunting arena, BTW. He collected some 270+ species from around world.
He received the Weatherby Award actually, and upon recieving the price, he had to admit never having held a Weatherby rifle in his hands.. Smiler
He used a Schultz & Larsen in 7x61 S&H, for most of his hunting.
I think his son have taken up the heritage.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote