THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Re: Do you have a shotgun you just love?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Do you have a shotgun you just love?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
10 gauge, great handle mate.

What do you use your gun for? I am trying to get stories of anyone who uses buck or slugs with the 10 on game.

My favourite is a Zabala 10ga SXS. Primarily because of the power.

10ga is not loaded by anyone in Australia so it quite a novelty if you can get one up and running here.

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My current "go-to" shotgun is a Krieghoff K-80 with the LightWeight receiver. He has 3 different sets of wood depending on what I'm going to shoot plus it has a variety of barrels that have been fitted to it.

1) 28" carrier barrels for shooting skeet using the sub-gauge tubes....have 6 chokes for each gauge.

2) 30" barrels that have been backbored from 0.730" to 0.750" for weight reduction and balance. Briley screw-in chokes added after backboring was done. These are the barrels on it most of the times I'm not shooting skeet. I use them for ATA trap doubles, for hunting, and for the little bit of sporting clays shooting I do.

3) 32" unsingle barrel for ATA trap 16-yard and handicap.

4) 20ga barrels that are 28" with screw-in chokes for "whatever".

My other shotguns rarely get out of the safe much anymore.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An Akah Greif 16 ga O/U. Akah is a Sporting Goods store in Germany, and Greif is a word used to describe a bird of prey. Looked for an affordable 16 ga O/U for a long time before I ran across this one. Also have an old Stevens model 311 16 ga SXS I inherited from my dad, don't think I could ever part with it.

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

10 gauge, great handle mate.
What do you use your gun for? I am trying to get stories of anyone who uses buck or slugs with the 10 on game.

My favourite is a Zabala 10ga SXS. Primarily because of the power.
10ga is not loaded by anyone in Australia so it quite a novelty if you can get one up and running here.

Karl.

Karl...
I haven't had a chance to use it for hunting yet
It came with an extra full choke when I bought it and I couldn't find any lead shot for it(they only have it here around turkey season). I had to buy another choke for steel shot cause that was all I could find($15.00 a box )
Between searching for ammo and waiting for the choke to come in the mail, I had it for three months before I even shot it
Hope to chase some turkeys with some Hevi-Shot this year

Posts: 8 | Location: Ponchatoula, Louisiana | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
11-96 Remington. Too bad they didn't market that model very well.

Posts: 31 | Location: North Dakota, US | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
Benelli super 90 m1 LH!
I dont go out of town without it!!!

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
30 year old remington 1100. It is like that bunny that just keeps going and going. Better gun than the jamming Gold
Hunter I replaced it with for late season pheasants because
I felt I needed a 3 inch magnum. Yes the 3 inch does help for those wild ones. It just has to be cleaned every outing.
The remington just keeps going and going.

Posts: 48 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

11-96 Remington. Too bad they didn't market that model very well.

Tell me more. I barely remember this gun, but definently remember that it didn't sell well or last long. Do you use it for pheasants?

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my closest friend ( shotgun ) is my Mod 600 Ithaca
12 ga. O/U 2 3/4 28 inch.. my other old girl is my
single barreled trap 12ga. Fox

Pottsy

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I love my L.C. Smith field grade...that is the half that works. The single trigger doesn't switch over to the left barrel and there's not a competent 'smith around my area to fix it to work reliably.
It's my only shotgun and I use it for pheasants. One barrel has it's advantage, I don't miss much because I take my time on the one and only.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote