New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 ga A-5 loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought an Belgian Sweet 16 at a gun show last year, and will shoot some pheasants with it in a few weeks. Any thoughts on what flavor ammo will function best? 2 1/2 or 3 1/4 dram?

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 1-1/8 oz. #5 shot is what I use, year after year.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a great classic!

My father-in-law did all of his upland shooting with a Sweet 16. His favorite ammunition was Remington Express 1 1/8 oz with shot sized to the bird. He shot #9's at quail, and #6's at virtually everything bigger, including pheasants (and ducks in the pre-no-lead days.)

I'm sure the Fiocchi's Randy recommends are excellent on pheasants as #5's are my favorite in a 12 gauge Auto-5. Have fun, you'll no doubt enjoy the gun.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always shot Winchester High Brass #6 pheasant loads in my Citori 16ga. I came across some PMC Heavy Game and Seller&Bellot #6 that I plan on using this season. Wal Mart had a sale on their Win. and I bought a case of it.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote