Find
Notify
Tools

m120 ranger?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
My friend told me his neighbor just bought a new winchester model 120 ranger pump 20 guage, but i cant find any info on this shotgun. Any info on this shotgun? Thanks tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tanoose,

I've got a Model 120 Ranger in 12 gauge. I like it a lot. It was my first shotgun, and I bought it when I turned 18. It is similar to the current model 1300, except that it has a ribbed forend like the old Model 12's. The aftermarket barrels for the Model 1300's fit (I bought one of the rifled slug barrels for mine this year). I've always preferred the Winchester pumps to the Remingtons. I think the metal finish is a little nicer. Aftermarket parts are a little rarer, though, and the pump action travel on the 120 is a little bit longer than on an 870. I believe they've shortened up the travel on the new 1300's. Let me know what else you'd like to know.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't know they still made them.Bought one in 1980/81.Shot the hell out of it,and still use it quite a bit.Think I gave about $160 for it new.Has Winchoke system,but tubes are different than the later ones.Have about 1/4" knurled lip that sticks out.Like I said,it's been thru hell.Even underwater a few times (don't ask).After a dozen years,it stopped cycling.Pulled it apart,for the first time.Unbelievable what was inside.Cleaned it up,lubed it,and haven't fooled with it since.It's real slick now.Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote