New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good shotgun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone care to tell us something about these brands?

Guerini

Rizzini B

Beretta

Antonio Zoli (Is Anegelo Zoli any good?)
I have a Ritmo I dearly love, but some of the Angelo Zoli guns look identical on the internet?

Browning??? Sorry I just can't get into Jap guns!!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I thought the Browning Shotguns were once again being made in Belgium. The Browning Gold I recently got says "Made in Belgium" and "Assembed in Portugal"

The Browning Gold definitely has less recoil than the Benelli's I've shot. I'm not recoil sensitive but I absolutely noticed the difference on just plain field loads.

You do need to clean the Browning Golds exactly how this guy outlines the process before you go out and start shooting it. (see below link)
Deep Cleaning Browning Golds

I use only Breakfree CLP on the Gold.

The Beretta A391 is a super soft shooter. A guy I know in Zimbabwe gets to borrow shotguns of all makes on a regular basis. He was adamant the Beretta was the most comfortable to shoot shotgun he's ever had the pleasure of shooting. This guy is no knucklehead and doesn't recommend stuff lightly. He had major praise for the Beretta. A friend uses the Beretta to hunt turkeys with. She's not a big woman (maybe 110lbs) and she has no trouble whatsoever cranking out the most evil turkey loads through that Beretta. If my wife ever starts shooting, the Beretta will be my number one choice for her, even though I am dearly attached to Browning.

So if Browning is out for you I'd sure look at the Beretta.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote