Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone shoot a 16 guage?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
I only own one shotgun and it is 16gauge o/u ZH221 (made by Zbrojovka Brno). When I was at two previous duck hunts, about half of shooters had 16gauges, some side by side long barrel Belgian hammerless, some with russian s/s, some with ZH221 or ZH321, I seen some semiauto 16 gauge (FN Browning I belive). The rest was 12 and 20 gauges, no one with magnum or something like that. Of course we can shoot with lead. What to say, 16 is pretty sweet, with lead good for anything you aim at, from ducks to phesants to pigenons to cats to . . .BTW My ZH221 has both barrels 3/4 choke, it could be iproved modified, it is extractor only but shells are easy "ejected" by backward move of gun and it is pretty silent, 28" barrels, two tridgers, you could fire front trigger/upper barrel and than back trigger/down barrel or use back trigger as single trigger, first fire down and then up barrel. It is not fancy gun but it works great !

My ZH221 is that with red silencers, far left and far right are ZH303 (26" with muzzle breaks - for skeet). You can see its pretty short (even if barrels are 28") and very slim. It is simply nice handling shotgun I bought for about 100U$D (real price is about $200)

Posts: 2078 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sarge,

What will you take for the press? I've never loaded for a shotgun, but my Ithaca would get more use if I had a cheap supply of good ammo.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I'd be really happy to get $150+shipping. It is a PW, Cadillac of the trade, after all. I know that I spent more than that 20 odd years ago.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote