THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    TC Encore 20g rifled barrel, slug recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Encore 20g rifled barrel, slug recommendations?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents,

I recently purchased a 20g rifled barrel for my TC Encore for deer hunting here in NJ. Has anyone had good results with a particular slug out of this barrel? In my part of NJ, shotgun season is concurrent with muzzleloader, so I figured I would give 20g slugs a try. I did try a 12g rifled barrel a few years ago, but sold it off after seven shots with 2.75" slugs, as that was the most wicked kicking thing I have ever fired. I have a 9.3x62, and shoot sporting clays with a fixed breech 12g, but I have never been kicked as hard as my synthectic stocked Encore with the 12g barrel...

Posts: 453 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the Pro Hunter 20 ga. slug barrel.

Top performer is Remington 2 3/4" Accutip turning in 1/2" 3 shot groups at 50 yards.

Second is Federal's 3" Barnes Tipped Expander load....shoots just under an inch at 50 yards.

Really love the way this set up balances. Its my 5th slug gun and, by far, my favorite.

Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
while this post is older I would like to mention the Remington 20ga. 2 3/4 in. Buckhammers that work very well in my 870 rifled barrel. they are $8.00 a box of 5 in this area.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote