New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lebeau-Courally
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen,
I just inherited a batch of guns, among which a 12 ga. Lebeau-Courally side-by-side shotgun. It is profusely engraved and signed by a M. Honey. Another is a Sauer M-XXVII 12 ga/ 8x 57 mm drilling. I know nothing of these guns. Any comments? Thank you.

Posts: 25 | Location: Brazil | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Lebeau-Courally in Liège (Belgium) handmakes the (arguably) best shotguns available nowadays. They're comparable to the old H&H and Purdeys of days gone( BTW, prices are in the same league too, starting at 25,800 USD. for their lowest grade). 100% traditional handwork. Their CE, Mrs. Anne-Marie Moermans, takes pride in saying that,considering the amount of handwork, a power failure would hardly slow down production... Have a look at their website : http://www.lebeau-courally.com/.
If interested in your gun's history, you can email her (with my compliments) + serial number.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andre Mertens:
Lebeau-Courally in Liège (Belgium) handmakes the (arguably) best shotguns available nowadays. They're comparable to the old H&H and Purdeys of days gone( BTW, prices are in the same league too, starting at 25,800 USD. for their lowest grade). 100% traditional handwork. Their CE, Mrs. Anne-Marie Moermans, takes pride in saying that,considering the amount of handwork, a power failure would hardly slow down production... Have a look at their website : http://www.lebeau-courally.com/.
If interested in your gun's history, you can email her (with my compliments) + serial number.

Thank you, André. Indeed, quality is outstanding, the gun clicks shut as reassuringly as a Swiss bank vault door.

Posts: 25 | Location: Brazil | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote