New
Find
Notify
Tools

cleaning a Mossberg 835
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Awaiting delivery of a Mossberg 835 12ga as we speak for turkey. My question is which cleaning brushes/jags/mops to use. The 835 is overbored to 10ga. So does that mean a 12ga set for the chamber and a 10ga set to clean the barrel?

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly from the ones I've worked on, 10 gauge mops and brushes should work for the entire bore.
Might take a bit of a push for the brush through the chamber though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Race. I'll have to order up a set.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brandon I think you'll like that gun a lot.Mine came with the Ulti choke for the turkey barrel.Patterns great and plenty of reach with 4 shot.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie P.:
Brandon I think you'll like that gun a lot.Mine came with the Ulti choke for the turkey barrel.Patterns great and plenty of reach with 4 shot.

Thanks, Bernie. Still waiting for it to show up from the supplier Mad

Have a few different boxes of #4's from various manufacturers in 3" and 3.5" to pattern before April 25!