Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta/Benelli
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who owns who? Anyone know.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a Super Black Eagle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No who owns which company? Does beretta own benelli or the other way around? [Confused]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beretta bought Benelli

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun industry is strange ,it seems that every gun company owns part of another. The Beretta 1200 was in fact a Benelli and of course Beretta owns at least part of Benelli. The Benelli family also makes motorcycles. Benelli shotguns are great.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Beretta has been making Benelli barrels for years. I believe that the 2 companies are still seperate entities.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression Heckler and Koch had bought Benelli..at least that's the name that also is stamped on the receiver of my M1Super90 Tactical.

Posts: 225 | Location: YYZ | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The plot thickens! I had a bet with my son as to the fact that beretta owns benelli and now H&K! [Confused]

one of us
Picture of Sierra_Dave
posted Hide Post
kudu56,

Beretta owns Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger, Sako
and Vursan. Many shotgun companies make guns for other firearms manufacturers.

Most makers are chasing cheaper wages, like every other business. Thus, buying gun makers in Turkey, Russia, and China follows. Not to say that the product is necessarily worse. Turk's, for example, build some superb guns with world class engravers and stock makers.

Hope that does not add too much to the confusion!

Posts: 82 | Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Add Burris to the list of companies owned by Beretta. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heckler and Koch are no longer related to Benelli. They were an importer when Benelli was in Urbano,Italy. Now they import Fabarms. Beretta bought into Benelli about 5 years ago. I've had an expensive time with my Benelli,but I wouldn't want to hunt with any other. [Wink]

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please tell me the Burris part is just a rumor. [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Has Beretta bought out Dakota rifle's or doe's Beretta put there name on Dakota rifles and
call it a Mato?

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
kudu, afraid not.

From the Beretta site:

"BERETTA HOLDING PURCHASES BURRIS COMPANY INC

The Italian group acquires 100% of the USA leader in precision scopes for hunting shotguns

Beretta Holding purchased 100% of Burris Company Inc. on 28th October 2002. Burris is the Colorado leader in the mid-high USA market of precision scopes for hunting shotguns and sport binoculars.
Burris company employs 80 people and its turnover in 2001 was $11 million with a production of 50,000 scopes. Burris is an industrial operation with internal R&D (Research & Development), Production and Marketing.
Burris company was established in 1972 by design engineer, Don Burris, who patented innovative technology in the production of scopes for hunting and sport and turned it into an industrial and commercial venture.
The company then passed to Inductotherm Industries Inc in 1985 who developed the technology to achieve the current capacity of the company to produce scopes of the highest quality.
The Beretta Group is growing all over the world thanks to its strength and profitability. This growth is planned and achieved targeting international companies that are leaders in their own business segments and that can contribute to strengthen the product and commercial offer of the entire Beretta Group. Burris fits perfectly in this scenario.
Furthermore, Burris also fits perfectly in the Beretta strategy in expanding into the non-firearms business. This process started 10 years ago with the creation of the Apparel and Accessory division that shows strong growth thanks to an improved product offer and a widespread distribution. The development of this line is targeted not only for the hunters and the shooters but also for the outdoor life enthusiast."

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was the only 100% made in USA scope! [Frown]