New
Find
Notify
Tools

New toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I should post a pic of my two latest toys. Top gun is a Citori Gran Lightning 20ga that I found NIB. The bottom is a 525 16ga. I flat love 16ga Citoris for upland hunting. This gun balances so good and makes for 3 16ga Citoris I now have. I also have another slightly used 20gaGL coming in that has maybe better wood the one in the pic.

Bob

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
That is a nice pair. Does Browning use the same frame for the twelve and sixteen gauge Citoris or does the sixteen have its own size frame?

SH

------------------------------------
I admit there are advantages in game of every type;
But I've never heard of beast or bird to excel the twisting snipe.
Nicholas Kane, Louisiana, 1880

Got Snipe?

Posts: 83 | Location: Out in some godforsaken marsh | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, they use a true 16ga frame which makes them pretty sweet. Now, if I can just find a 16gaGL. A few are out there but pretty scarce.

Texas Verminator

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
What is a GL? The first thing that came to my mind was a Gold Label but I don't think that's what you meant.

SH

Got Snipe?

Posts: 83 | Location: Out in some godforsaken marsh | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gran Lightning

Texas Verminator

One of Us
Picture of Snipe Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob. Gran Lightning completely slipped my mind. I guess I've got too much side by side on the brain.

Skip

Got Snipe?

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Bill, I just bought the 20ga pictured from him. I can beat his prices on the 16's.

Texas Verminator

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tx6BR:
Thought I should post a pic of my two latest toys. Top gun is a Citori Gran Lightning 20ga that I found NIB. The bottom is a 525 16ga. I flat love 16ga Citoris for upland hunting. This gun balances so good and makes for 3 16ga Citoris I now have. I also have another slightly used 20gaGL coming in that has maybe better wood the one in the pic.

Bob

Beautiful wood on both!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since that photo I've acquired 3 more Grans in 12,20,and now a 16. The wood in the latest 20 blows the one I purchased from Bill Hanus away. Got it at half the cost what I paid Bill too!!
Should have some more pics later this week when the 16 comes in. Just need a 28ga Gran Lightning to finish off my collection. Get that next year.

Texas Verminator