New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli Cordoba
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought one of the above for my recent trip to Argentina. If you are looking at one of these, I have a recommendation for you, don't do it.

The guns jams virtually ever shot. Expert gunsmiths worked on the gun and could not get it to stop. I am told that other people are having the exact same problem with this gun as I did.

We had 3 other Benelli's on the trip. I fired 1,500 rounds through my Super Black Eagle. Of those 1,500 rounds, 2 failed to cycle properly. That is acceptable performance to me.

My sons both shot 20 GA M 90's aproximately 3,000 rounds each. There was the occassional cycling problem which were well within acceptable levels to me..

While 3 of our Benelli's were great, the Cordoba performance was not acceptable.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I own a few beretta shotguns o/u and semi-auto and am getting increasingly perturbed at their customer service or lack of. If Beretta cannot fix it they should replace it for what they sell them for. I am wondering if Benellis service went south once Beretta took them over. The only thing that went up was the price.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for their service. All I know is that the Cordoba model doesn't work ANYWHERE near as well as the other Benelli models I have.

I have heard from more than one source that many others are having similar problems.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Cordoba has so many features that reduce recoil that I wonder if they are interfering with function ???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No idea. The people who worked on my guns while we were there were the same people that maintained the Benelli factory personnel guns while they were shooting at the same ranch. Nothing they did stopped it. I was really disappointed. I traded a really nice Citori on the Cordoba. Wish I had it back.

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Like I said I think Benelli/Beretta need to replace the gun...something has got to be out of spec.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent a polite e mail to Benelli late Friday afternoon. They have already called today falling all over themselves to be helpful.

They indicate they will handle it ASAP.