THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Any Browning BPS 10ga users?Like it?`
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Browning BPS 10ga users?Like it?`
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Thinking about going to one as a spare blind gun for the high flyers..how do they function,feed,etc? Thanks...

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about 5 years now. It's an older one I bought used, has a 30'' barrel. I use it for Geese. And I DO like it.

Even at 10 lbs. you sure know about it when you light it off. After some bruiseing I put a kickezze pad on it, problem solved Big Grin

Over Deks I use a pretty open choke, and a PatternMaster "Brute" for air traffic control when the guys are flying high. Mostly use fast (hand loaded) 1 3/8 or 1 1/2 steel loads in #1 or B size shot.

My gun has to be cycled "desisively" to eject the shells properly, not sure if that's normal or not.

Hope this helps.

Roi

P.S. Bring (and wear) hearing protection Eeker

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir , they are great. I have shot the piss out of the BPS 10 ga. They just keep on trucking. The BPS has got to be one of my favorite shotguns for them damn geese. I even used the BPS for pass shooting prairie chickens The 2 7/8" shells cycled fine with #5 shot.

I have tried the 30" and 26" barrel's. They both are great.

The only thing I don't like about the BPS is this. When breaking/reasembleing the shotgun for cleaning it can be a pain. When I was hunting the river alot getting sand in the action was just going to happen. No matter how careful I was. So every night I would clean my shotgun. Not that I had to, but I wanted to. I have to say that even with sand in the action, the BPS still cycled great.

O' and by the way I used to shoot sporting clays with one of these. Just for kicks.

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
THANKS GUYS! NOW,I MUST DECIDE 30 OR 26",THE LATTER BEING HANDIER! HNY!! PS.SELLING MY BROWNING GOLD 1GA 28",DONT USE ENOUGH TO KEEP,THATW WHY I WANT THE PUMP!~

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
My brother has the BPS 10ga. I have the BPS 12ga 3 1/2".

IME, the 12ga 3 1/2" kills just as far as the 10ga. Plus you can get much better patterns out of the 12ga 3 1/2" with turkey loads than you can the 10ga. (Better choke selections and load selections for the 12ga 3 1/2")

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote