THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Antionio Zoli Golden Snipe (I need help on the valuse Considering buying it)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antionio Zoli Golden Snipe (I need help on the valuse Considering buying it)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted
I have an opportunity to pick up an Antonio Zoil Golden snipe 12 gauge over adn under shotgun. It is a very interesting shotgun. Has machined aluminum periever, Engraving all over it. I never had an Over adn under but have always wanted to. Gun is in 90% condition. He is asking $750. I cant find the value if this particular shotiung anywhere. So i ask here , Is it a good deal or should I keep looking. Thanks for any help.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add, tis the golden snipe model chambered in 3 inch magnum.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know this is no help, but will serve as background:

For many years an importer by the name of J. I. Galef imported Beretta shotguns. The Garcia Corporation came along and bid the U.S. distributorship out from under him about 1973. However, the names under which the Galef Berettas were sold, Silver Snipe and Golden Snipe (later BL-3 and BL-4 as imported by Garcia) apparently belonged to Galef. Subsequently, Galef turned to Zoli, another Italian manufacturer, to build a similar shotgun to the Beretta, which he also sold as Golden Snipe and Silver Snipe. (All of this if from the sketchy memory of a then-youngster who whiled away his youth studying gun catalogs, so it may not be totally accurate.)

I've never had any experience with the Zoli. They would not have been considered up to the quality level of the Berettas. However, the price you mention seems reasonable for any nice O/U. An aluminum frame obviously won't hold up to as much usage as a steel frame, but its light weight makes it a delight to use. If you are only hunting an occasional dove or grouse with it and not doing target shooting, etc., then it will last you several lifetimes, anyway.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote