Login/Join

one of us
Picture of doc-and
posted
I picked up a new in-the-box barrel at the last gunshow I attended. It is
marked "Benelli Arm SPA URBINO ITALY CAL 12 CAM 70". Theres a number
stamped on the barrel "186595". The upper receiver area is stampped
"Heckler & Koch inc - Arlington 22201. The guy at the show said it
would fit my gun (Super 90). Does not! Can you identify which model this barrel fits?
Any help would be appreciated. I called Benelli Customer Service and they could not help identify it. They had no record, as it was imported by H & K. Hoping someone out there might be able to help.

Thanks
doc-and

Posts: 87 | Location: Florida | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
doc-and,

I am pretty sure the "70" is shell length in mms, and would indicate a 2 3/4" chamber. As such, I would think it would not work on a Super 90 - I thought that all Super 90s were 2 3/4 and 3" chambers?

My M1 Super 90 has H&K stampings on the receiver, but I don't recall what stampings are on the barrel.

Did you get the guy's phone number?...

Good luck,

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of doc-and
posted Hide Post
NOPE! [Frown] Not into the barrel for much thank God!
Just hope to Identify it so I can post it in the classified section

doc-and

one of us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like it is pre M-1 Super 90. I believe that Arlington was before Chantilly. The M-1 was in Chantilly,then Sterling(my gun says "Sterling,VA"). HK sold out to Baretta in Accokeec(sp?)MD. Good luck.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Small fish may be right. My M1 90, is marked Sterling and on the barrel "Magnum CAL 12 CL"

one of us
posted Hide Post
doc-and,

I'd think that these guys could tell you what it is - and might even make you an offer [Wink] :
http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/

I'd be interested in knowing what it is when you nail it down. I don't recall "pre-M1" Super 90s that were 2 3/4" chambers, but it is certainly possible. Looks to me like all of the currently cataloged Benelli shotguns are 3 or 3 1/2" now.

Regards,

Bill

one of us
Picture of doc-and
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I'm going to give them a try.

doc-and

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill M,by pre M-1 Super 90 I meant to say that it is not a M-1 Super 90 at all. Benelli made some lower priced auto shotguns back then basically for police use(I believe).

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
small fish,

Thanks for the information. I didn't say that I didn't believe you - just that I was not familiar with that model. What I don't know could fill several libraries!...

Regards, Bill