New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use 20 gauge slugs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of getting a 20 gauge slug barrel (rifled) for a TC Encore to use for deer in a shotgun only area. Any recommendations on which slug to use with that kind of barrel?

Posts: 453 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
http://www.dixieslugs.com/products.html
You might take a look at Dixie slugs. They have some great looking slugs.
You might also check out the Big Bore forum for the 12ga FH project. With the strength of the Encore, you could probably load your 20 bore rifle to some higher velocities.
I think it was last year that someone was working up loads for the NEF ultra 20 ga trying for a 600 NE light. I don't remember who though.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnnyreb:
I'm thinking of getting a 20 gauge slug barrel (rifled) for a TC Encore to use for deer in a shotgun only area. Any recommendations on which slug to use with that kind of barrel?

I own a 20 gauge Browning Gold Deer Gun with a rifled barrel & have a Leupold 2-7 power shotgun scope mounted on it. I get great accuracy using Remington Buckhammers, but the other brands shoot well also. My advice is to just try several brands to see which one is the most accurate.

David

Posts: 332 | Location: Backwoods Of Kentucky | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine really likes the 3" Federal/Barnes load.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote