Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun restoration
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
I have a nice Ithaca Flues I’d like to restore. Can anyone recommend someone to help with this? I know Turnbull is out there but wondering about any other options.

Thank you.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Classic Guns in Crete IL used to do that kind of work. But I can't locate their old website. May have folded. (708) 367-1620 is still listed as their number if you google them.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
New England Custom Guns and Steve Bertram

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fish, just be careful...unless the gun has sentimental value, a restoration may cost more then the gun is worth.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Well thinking to reblue barrels and redo color case hardening then steam dents out of the stock and refinish. Can’t be hard can it?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing is particularly hard to someone who knows what they are doing, but it is usually expensive. If it was easy everyone could do it. Do you want the checkering re-cut? That is hard and it takes much skill. Reviving an old stock usually involves oil removal, dent raising, sanding and finishing. This also requires skill and time for a top shelf job. First you need to make sure the gun is mechanically sound before doing anything.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Thanks