THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    10 Ga Reloading stuff where do I get it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 Ga Reloading stuff where do I get it?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have 3 10 ga Marlin Goose guns that I love to hunt with.I cant find 10ga hulls or wads.I did buy some Remington 10ga wads long ago but the look very short for 10ga.I need a 10 ga reloader that wont cost a bunch.I think MEC is only one I have ever seen.I also cant find any copper plated lead bb shot anywhere.I wanted it for varmit hunting.I think #4 is the biggest factory loaded lead shot untill buckshot.Federal use to load #4 buckshot but I have not seen that load either.Also is there a 10ga slug mold I have never seen one if there is.Those Marlin 10 ga goose guns dont kick .Its like 12 ga heavy dove loads at most.I think the stock being like a rifle instead of a shotgun and that 34" barrel has alot to do with it.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DGR416: Try www.ballisticproducts.com. If it involves shotshell reloading, they have it.

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
www.precisionreloading.com is a good source for shot shell stuff too,,,Good luck,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is MEC the only 10 ga reloader?It is very hard to even find any data for 10 ga also.I saw some 1 5/8 oz loads that were almost 1600 fps that is smokin for a shotgun.Where the heck is a case long enough for this Marlin Super Goose Gun also its 58" long .I have tried everywhere I need two of them.Has anyone here shot those short Remington wads?

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Precision Reloading is where I get all of my 10 gauge supplies. They also have some proprietary load manuals for the different gauges and shot materials. The Hogdon shotshell manual also has some useful 10 gauge data. I have both a MEC Sizemaster and a Ponsness Warren Duo-Matic 375C set up for 10 gauge. IMO the Ponsness Warren produces a better shell produce, but is is a more expensive machine. About twice what I find MEC's for locally.

Personally I load 2 1/4 oz. of bismuth @1200 fps... the geese don't stand a chance againts this!

Find Ponsness Warren here.

http://www.reloaders.com/

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dgr416

I have a brand new mec600 10ga press I bought from Cabelas last year and I have never even set it up. You can have it for $85 and I'll pay the shipping via U.S postal service. Email me if you are interested.

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote