Find
Notify
Tools

Fastest autoloader?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted
Who knows awful lot of claims but little proof.

It seems that it's name starts with the letter "B" but that doesn't really clear things up.

Does anyone really know?

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Obviously you must mean Benelli or Beretta, but I don't get it.

No offense but how often are people out running their autos?

Maybe a person could pull the trigger twice on the same target faster than a gun could cycle but that's missing the bigger issue... learn to hit on the first shot and a second one won't be needed.

As to out running the gun on two separate targets I'll bet there are only a handfull of shooters good enough to do that. The only common exception would be station seven skeet doubles but those are pretty unusual targets, rarely reproduced in hunting or sporting clays situations. Even if you're a serious skeet shooter there is plenty of time on station seven and no reason to hurry.

Learning to be a fast shooter would be much better than buying the "fastest" gun.

Maybe I misunderstood your question???

Kyler

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It has been measured and #1 was the Benelli but then Winchester came out with one that was a little bit faster. But to paraphrase Kyler - in the real world it's a moot point .But I'm keeping my Benelli !! thumb

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I am not searching for the fastest so I can buy it and say "Na Na!"

I probably can't pull the trigger fast enough on the slowest auto-loader to wish for more speed.

It's just that this seems to be the marketing focus du jour. Multiple companies are claiming they have it. Who's right? Bottomline, I simply wonder who's giving the straight scoop.

Winchester and Browning are held by the same company and Browning (another "B" company) makes that same shotgun with a few more features.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote