Find
Notify
Tools

G Gamba shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
I recently came into possession of a neat 12ga o/u shotgun made by G Gamba, not Renato Gamba. What little info I have managed to pick up is that G Gamba was bought out by the Renata crew circa 1967. It is a very well made gun, 29"bbls with full and 3/4 chokes. Single selective trigger with hand detachable trigger/hammer group. This item is highly polished with jewelling on a lot of the internal surfaces.
The action is colour case hardened in almost a regular diagonal pattern . All the internal surfaces in the action are well finished with no visible machining marks. The serial # is 54457.
Can anyone throw some light on approx date of mfr and value on the gun?

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
John,

Pre 67 and priceless if you let that kid of your take it off your hands and pound some birds with it.

cheers

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Damn, that kind of intelliegence has just gotta run in the family, I bet your brother is a lawyer or something killpc animal

are you going to try and get out here next year?

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Filli Gamba (Gamba Brothers) was founded in 1946. G. Gamba sold his tooling to his brother, Renato, in 1967 when Renato Gamba left his brothers and S.A.B. was formed. Filli Gamba closed in 1989 and the Zanotti firm was also purchsed the same year.
Renato Gamba firearms have had limited importation since 1986. In 1989, several smaller European firearms companies were purchased by R. Gamba and are now part of the Renato Gamba Group. The importation of R. Gamba guns changed in 1990 to reflect their long term interest in exporting firearms to America. Earlier imported models may be rare but have not enjoyed much collectability to date.

The above doesn't answer your question but it is all I could find out. I would guess that the gun was made after 1967 since before that it would logically have been a Filli Gamba gun. This assumes that G Gamba continued to make guns on his own.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wink, it kinda confirms what I could find out. I will see if I can find something out by firing an email off the Renata Gamba.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
J -

I think the correct term for what he does is interpersonal-dispute resolution consultant. Or mayber it is dumbass wrangler. Depends on what day you ask.
sofa

I am trying now to scratch up the funds now. The extortion business is slowing down however. I may have to try and make an honest buck. Do you still need a gardener? Maybe I could work off the cost?

clap dancing

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500Nitro if you look on the action flats or barrel flats there should be a roman numeral number if you can post it I can give you a year of manufacture

quote:
Originally posted by 500nitro:
I recently came into possession of a neat 12ga o/u shotgun made by G Gamba, not Renato Gamba. What little info I have managed to pick up is that G Gamba was bought out by the Renata crew circa 1967. It is a very well made gun, 29"bbls with full and 3/4 chokes. Single selective trigger with hand detachable trigger/hammer group. This item is highly polished with jewelling on a lot of the internal surfaces.
The action is colour case hardened in almost a regular diagonal pattern . All the internal surfaces in the action are well finished with no visible machining marks. The serial # is 54457.
Can anyone throw some light on approx date of mfr and value on the gun?

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote