New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M2
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tell me about them? Are they the same gun as the Super 90? I am looking at a 20 gauge in 26 or 28 inch barrel for pheasant, quail, dove hunting. I have heard the recoil is bad even for being a 20 gauage? Those who own them what do you think? Also I would like to get a rifled barrel for deer hunting. Will this gun hold up to using 00 and slugs? Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered my first M2 this week to get started in 3 gun competition. The M2 is used extensively in shotgun competitions under hard use and rapid fire...they work!

I have been using Benelli's (Super Black Eagles) since they first came out and they have out run all other semi-autos, so much so, most of my friends have switched to them. The M2 uses the same system and is extremely reliable. My opinion, Benelli is the most reliable semi-auto on the market.

Yes, recoil is a bit more than a "gas operated" shotgun but worth it.....

I not 100% sure but think the Super 90 and M2 are basically the same gun with the difference being stock design...

The 3 gun competitions use bird shot, slugs, and buckshot... the M2 is the gun of choice.....

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 12 gauge, have also a 391, extrema, extrema 2, and the new a400 extreme as well as a sbe and a sbe2.......

Im getting to the point where the m2 is my favorite of the bunch, after the bad quality experienced on the extrema 2's (I have 4) and the fact that the a400 doesnt fit that good, I think I am going to m2's for all my guns in the future...

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I ended up with a M2 20 gauge. It came with 3 choke tubes but was disasppointed to see that they can't shoot steel shot out of them? I think I need to buy a tube that allows steel shot to be fired? They are the Crio Choke tubes. I got a heck of a deal on it the gun was found for 899.00 got 100 dollars off for a sale. So 799.00 out the door I was happy! Can't wait to see how it shoots!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Esox357:
Tell me about them? Are they the same gun as the Super 90? I am looking at a 20 gauge in 26 or 28 inch barrel for pheasant, quail, dove hunting. I have heard the recoil is bad even for being a 20 gauage? Those who own them what do you think? Also I would like to get a rifled barrel for deer hunting. Will this gun hold up to using 00 and slugs? Thanks.

No such animal as 00 buckshot in a 20 guage. #2 buck is the bigest I have seen.

Posts: 325 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Puzzeled by the steel shot comment, went back and looked up what Benelli had to say about it. Benelli " When using steel shot do not shoot steel larger than BB through any choke tighter than full". Not sure why anyone would want to use any choke tighter than modified with steel shot any way,but steel shot has worked well in my Benelli 20 ga auto for at least the last fifteen years. WFH

Posts: 94 | Location: Hastings, Mn | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote