New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality SXS SG
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just another guy looking for a good quality 12 Ga SXS but must be double trigger. I know some Beratta Silver Hawks had double triggers but what I don't know is the rib High Low or Mid level. Many Berettas have low ribs SKB's are high, which is best for me and Merkel is low to mid level.

My hopes are to find something around 2K or "less". Yet I need the mid to high mid level to SKB high. Can anyone help me and give me some suggestions. By the way I want the double triggers to keep me up to speed with my double rifle. Consistancy, I hope will keep me from getting stepped on, bitten, clawed etc. you get the idea.

Thanks in advance for the help and I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thanks Again,

Good Hunting, "Z"

Posts: 352 | Location: Grand Island, NE. USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I could get some help please, I've located a Winchester M23 and the business claims a "like New" gun, 28" M/IC English Grip Double triggers and the gun has not been redone in anyway. Price is $1500.00. Is this a good deal about right or is there something wrong? [Eek!] I'm not sure what to think, Naturally they give all the good answers and, as far as I know the company is very reputable. "Z"

Good Hunting,

Posts: 352 | Location: Grand Island, NE. USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2 suggestions

1) Ask for a 3 day inspection, if he won't than that should be a pre warning

2) Post the town that the gun is located in and perhaps another member can take a look at it for you

A well made SXS for under is $2000 is a deal these days when you see what new ones go for

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me if Winchester M#23 pigeon grade, was EVER made with double triggers? A major multi-store retailer has a M23 Pigeon grade 28" bbls choked IC/M with English stock and double triggers and they tell me it is stock and has not been altered and want $1,500.00. This can't be real can it?

"Z"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Zedman did you check out guns america .com? Tons of SXS and others. I am looking also and will hit Cabelas friday on my way to GI. Let us know what you get!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey KUDU56,

If you come through Grand Island (Cabelas ins in Kearney 50 miles west) give me a call or stop at the State Patrol Office across the street south of Perkins resturaunt. Or send me a personal msg. and I will give you some #'s to call. We can have lunch, or whatever. I will give you the rest of the story. "Z"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do! [Smile]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote