Find
Notify
Tools

F/S Perazzi MX16 Mint!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shawn Massey
posted
I Took a Beautiful MX16 16 gauge Perazzi on consignment this last weekend, it has 28 1/2" barrels choked IC / IM, checkered butt, there wasn't very many of these made, comes in original Perazzi case with all accesories and paperwork, I'll have pix posted soon, asking $7,500.00

Shawn Massey
www.masseysfineguns.com

DRSS Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun!"

Posts: 203 | Location: South West Kansas | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shawn Massey
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the MX16

DRSS Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

Posts: 203 | Location: South West Kansas | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Being a serious shotgun newbie... Are those chokes with inserts or an integral part of the barrel? Would this be considered a Skeet gun? is it a Right hand gun? could it be adjusted to left hand?

Thanks in advance. Also could you post or link to more detailed pictures of the wood?

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not my gun, but I'll answer a few of your questions. Normally described in that manner, those are integral chokes, not screw in. IC/IM is one of the best combinations for all around HUNTING IMO. Unless you're going to shoot skeet for fun/practice, those chokes are generally considered too tight for skeet, but the IC is basically a skeet choke. Finally, a 16 is not normally considered a skeet ga. for one thing it is difficult to find "target" loads for a 16.

The RH or LH question depends on the stock and whether it is cast off or not. Most of them are slightly cast off for a right hand shooter but the seller can answer this. If it isn't cast off then it would work for both but the lever is probably set up for a RH, I'm not sure how easy this is to change in Perazzis since I've never had that problem.

The wood in the relatively poor picture looks very nice as far as I can tell. Changing stocks on Perazzis is a fairly simple but fairly expensive process.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Thanks, The figure in the wood is what caught my eye. I figured I could load my own 16 Ga target loads but the RH/LH issue is the show stopper. Pretty gun.

Collins

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shawn Massey
posted Hide Post
Collins

Send me an email and I'll get you some more pictures. This gun is extremely nice with Beautiful wood. As I understand it, there were only 25 of the MX16's made

DRSS Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Shawn Massey
posted Hide Post
I forgot to give you my direct email address.

shotgun@pld.com

DRSS Life Member
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
email sent
ww111@yahoo.com

Collins