THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Where are Browning O/U guns made?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are Browning O/U guns made?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JP577
posted
I know the top ones are made in Belgium, and the bottom of the line are in Japan. But can someone list where other lines of Browning O/U are made?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me kindly correct a statement you made... "the bottom of the line are made in Japan". I own two browning O/Us. Both were made in Japan. One is a Citori Lightning Grd VI and the other is a Ultra XS. The grade VI is over $4,000.00 at many dealers. Do you call that bottom of the line? The Grd VI has absolutely beautiful wood on it and the XS looks great too. I shoot sporting clays and have seen many shotguns and not many in any price range are much better than my Brownings. I also own a Beretta SP V and a Weatherby shotgun and neither, although nice guns, compare to the Brownings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have four or five Browning O/U's and A-5's with a couple of the latter being Jap and two Browning O/U's being Belgian. I gotta check up on the rats every so often to see which of what it is that I have. At a decent price I would never hesitate to buy another variant. Belgian Brownings are still made on special order and in their fancy form run about $18,000. At least one importer can order them.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JP577
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for the info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Browning Superposed line has been made since the 1930 by Fabrique Nationale (FN) in Belgium. Another FN-produced line was the Liege or B-26/27. The Citori line is made by Miroku in Japan.

Posts: 13238 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote