New
Find
Notify
Tools

wheres my shot gone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
we had are opening season at the start of the month and while we did pretty good i happen to pick up a wad and there was still some shot in it Eeker and through out the weekend we found a least another 4 wads like this.we are only talking about maybe a dozen or so pellets put they were still very much nestled in the wad.we were using 3" falcons 36 gr.while i don't believe this had any effect on our shooting i would still like to no that all my shot is going in the air.any one else experienced this

Posts: 65 | Location: South Taranaki,New Zealand | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
I have never had this happen, but I really haven't looked for it either. I am asuming the shot is pressed or stuck in the wad, not rolling around loose. It sounds a bit strange though, maybe someone else can give you a better answer. bewildered

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever seen this but the obvious (which means it may not be correct) answer is that the plastic wad is too soft and trapping pellets when the load is fired.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would agree with Gato's analysis. The net result is that you get a dozen or so fewer pellets in your pattern, but otherwise it is of little concern.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote