Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slugs for ...
 Login/Join

posted
Hog hunting w/ a smoothbore Benelli. Have an older model and want current info on the newer slugs that aren't just for rifled barrels. Any ideas ? I'll be ground hunting and want all the dropping/stopping I can get. last one I saw was a boar about 200# w/maybe 4" tusks. Appreciate any info.

Posts: 10 | Location: West of Ft Benning, GA | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
For a smoothbore I would try the premium Brenneke slugs. I killed a few whitetails with the cheap brenneke slugs (forgot their name) in a rifled bore shotgun and wasn't too impressed with their penetration, but the better quality ones worked pretty good.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
<Mr.16 gauge>
posted
I vote for the Brenneke was well; it is the only slug that is consistantly accurate in all my smoothbores, in all gauges.

posted Hide Post
Just got in a sample of slugs(loaded) from www.polywad.com. These slugs weigh 1 1/8th oz(491 gr) and suposedly split into 3 pices on impact with liquis tissue. Sounds good will find out and pass on the info.

Will go out this afternoon and zero them and then see what they do on hogs in AM.

Posts: 10 | Location: West of Ft Benning, GA | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote