Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 391 question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jimmy Mac
posted
I just bought a wood stock set and fore end to put on my synthetic 391 on ebay. It is complete, except for the fore end metal.

Does anyone know if the fore end metal from the synthetic will fit the wood fore end ?

How hard is it to change it out ? How expensive is new metal ?

Appreciate any experienced input.

Thanks

[ 06-08-2003, 01:10: Message edited by: Jimmy Mac ]

<TimB99>
posted
I can't help you with your questions directly, but I have e-mailed Beretta on several occasions and have received prompt (1 or 2 day) replies from them. Another option is to call them directly.

http://www.berettausa.com

http://www.berettausa.com/customer/index.htm

Beretta U.S.A. Corp. Customer Service Department 1-800-636-3420

Hope this helps,

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim, what model Berretta do you have? I own several hand guns and want to purchase a shotgun. I am looking at a 391 extrema. I just can't decide. What is your opinion? Thanks

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own both a 390 & 391 and would highly recommend either of them. I'm a little more skeptical about the extrema...mostly because I don't shoot anything that requires a 3.5" chamber. Unless you are a big time turkey hunter or are going after some high flying honkers, then I would personally recommend the basic 391 flavor. The Beretta autos have proven themselves to be among the most reliable & durable on the market for target shooting. It really depends what your application is, but you won't be wrong if you buy a Beretta.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I bought a 391 Synthetic in realtree for using out on the Marsh. It is a fantasic gun but the only issue I have with it is that the action was a little stiff for my liking. I had no probs on the 36g Steel magnums on the ducks, but a couple of times when I tookit out on the pigeons/clays it struggled to eject the shells. This has since got a little better as I fire more shells through it.

A friend took his 3.5" semi to Canada last year and said that it was a great help in knoking down the storks and the geese.

i woulds have gone 3.5" ince if they made it when I bought mine, as you can still shoot 3" through it if you need to.

The only Other thing I would say is that because of the length of the action, 28" barrels are plenty, whereas my o/u's are all 30"-32" [Big Grin]

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kudu56,

If your interested in buying the Xtrema do it. You wont be dissatisfied at all. I bought the Advantage Wetlands model when they first came out and I love it. The only thing that I didnt like was the factory beretta chokes (optima plus) kinda sucked. I called Carlson's and they just now started carrying the extened chokes for the xtrema. Feel free to ask any questions about it before you by.

Thanks
Richard W. Gullotto

Posts: 62 | Location: Pratt, KS &quot;Gateway to the High Plains&quot; | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote