THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Charles Daly, Miroku O/U Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly, Miroku O/U Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those who have a Charles Daly over under made by Miroku

I am need of some information.

There are four types of internal springs for these shotguns.

What I am asking for is information from the owners of these shotguns to help compile a rundown of models and serial number ranges.

There are three types of vee springs that power the top lever.

The first type has an tab that is heed in place with an small cross pin. The spring lies lengthwise of the lower tang.

The second type has one heavy side of the spring and a short side. The long side has a hole drilled in the end of it. This one is for a short period of time and is only in 12 ga.

The third type is a vee spring that lays side to side between the frame and the top lever. This one is very common.

These have vee springs that power the ejector hammers in the forearm.

The fourth type is an coil spring that lays on the RH side and sits between an strut and another strut powers the top lever.

This one has coil springs that power the ejector hammers in the forearm.

There are many Grades, they are Field, Super or Superior, Venture, and Diamond. Some of these are engrave as such on the barrel with the import markings and gauge markings.

It is aparent that the diferent grades had seprate serial number ranges.

I just bought a Venture grade in 20 ga. We did not know they even made this one grade in a 20 ga. Going by the serial number it should have been a type one, 344,4xx, the barrel has a prefix of "S", while the reciever does not.

However upon removing the buttstock, it is an type four with coil springs.

I also have a complete action, the barrels and stocks were ruined when someone drove over it. It is an 20 ga. Grade unknown s/n M359,9xx, it is a type three with vee springs.

So you sometimes can not go by the s/n to identify the top lever spring.

Plese drop me a email as to which type you have along with the aproximate serial number range, 123,4xx.

Since we are making the vee springs for these guns and have been having problems with the customer idenfiying the variations we hope to soon have some photos on our website.

www.wisnersinc.com

Many thanks.

Jim Wisner

President

Wisner's Inc

parts1@wisnersinc.com

Posts: 36 | Location: Adna Washington | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

I have only gotten one response from this but it was an wealth of information.

For 186 hits in the gunsmithing forum, I kinda expected more.

So will start over.

Lets hear from people who have an Miroku Charles daly with an serial number less than 200,000, along with the grade.

Lets hear from people who have coil springs on the ejector hammers in the forearm, also what grade.
This one is easy, remove the forearm and look down into barrel channel toward the rear metal of the forearm. You can not miss the two coil springs, one on each side.

These guns do not make sense, different variations as to engraving on some models, the newer ones had Browning type stocks on them with coil springs.

Also I am looking for old Charles Daly adds or printed information.

Thanks
Jim Wisner

Posts: 36 | Location: Adna Washington | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote