New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I'm cheap
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
jbhewitt, How do you like the gold. I am thinking of buying a hunter as of all the semi's that seems to fit me the best.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wannabee
posted Hide Post
All laughter aside I'm comparing two shotguns for goose and duck hunting this year the Mossberg 935 and the Stoeger 2000.Both of these are at my local Dicks for about $350.00. I want to try a semi auto this year and I realize that the Mossberg shoots 3.5" shells and the Stoeger has some Benelli parts in it.Its also a lack of funds on my part,any suggestions will help.

Posts: 969 | Location: Wilmington | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Given you monetary consrvatism (cheap), either one will work fine

Posts: 2582 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey
well all i can tell you is if you dont mind digging the unejected shells out of your gun get the mossy 935 i shot one at my local range that wasnt worth a damn 15 shots and 5 failed to eject not that all of them would do that but the one i shot seemed to have no trouble jamming itself up
hopefully my cz 712 semi doesnt decide it wants to follow suit!!
divr6347

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a stoeger 2000 last year right before pheasant season, put it together in the motel room the night before season. I was very pleased with it that weekend, even ran a couple of 3" mags through it with no problem. It,s in the case with a new browning gold tonight, we leave tomorrow morning for opening weekend of pheasant, I will probably carry the stoeger first.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote