THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Need a gunsmith to thread for choke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a gunsmith to thread for choke
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
can you recommend any? can they thread a cylinder bore? how much do they charge?

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Briley has a terrific reputation. They'll thread barrels that many smiths wouldn't touch.

Briley choke installation prices

Briley FAQ's for choke installation

I've had them do other work for me and they are very good. I even know gunsmiths who send their personal guns to them instead of attempting these types of jobs themselves.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
X2

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That's where mine go...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Orlen, Amherst MA. He is very reasonable and fast. Google his name. If you join shotgunworld web site he will do the work for dealer price, $35 for threading and about $20 for colonial chokes. I have had him do a number of shotguns and could not be more satisfied.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for Mke Orlen, he's done 3 of our shotguns. No problems, good quality, quick turn around.