THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    2 1/2 16 gauge,, mec crushing hulls..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 1/2 16 gauge,, mec crushing hulls..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
your a great bunch of guys, boy get on a bad list say somehting someone doesnt like and your toast!! so ill adopt you.. .. i just got a drilling and am cutting off fiochi hulls putting in powder sg16 wads and one ounce shot from bar on mec junior acording to british style shell load.. .. last knight 2 out of 25 shells were crunched badly on the side down mostly by the brass.. i called the orderhouse i got the gear from and they said go to a 6 point crimp, and that the starter they sell is the best way to stop this,,.. i am putting 65 pounds wad pressure on these guys to stop crushing. and opned up the hole in the end a little so it helps a little.. the cam had to be moved to do this so the downward pressure is not as much or its alittle longer loaded shell however you want to put it.. any advice apreaciated.. dave.

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made big strides in fixing the crushed hulls tonight.. the 6 point crimp really helped, and also there was wrap around steel crimps on the plate that holds the shells in place, this is on the mec 16 guage reloader that i got several weeks ago.. when i put on the short kit for 2 1/2 inch shells the wraparound tabs lifted the 1/4 inch plate that makes the shortkit out of square, that is angled, at the base of the shell when it was crimped.. i bent the tabs strait making it set level, and this coupled with the 6 point crimp made a big differnce for me.. thanks dave..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote