New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Shotgun????
 Login/Join

Picture of 270WSMMan
posted
I have always wanted a O/U in 12 ga. I have a tight budget and could only spend about $500 max. What is out there that would be a good low budget O/U?

An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posts: 9 | Location: Central AZ USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id save more money. Youll be happyer with a nice gun, Look at used ones . I picked up a Older Bereta 686 special for $750. The old "specials" are nicer than the newer silver pigeons.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get a Russian Baikal (also imported as Remington Spartan) or a Brazilian-made OU for less than $500, but I wouldn't recommend either. Watch for some old boy that's down on his luck and you might be able to pick up a nice used Citori, Ruger Red Label, or Beretta for $600-$800. The older Berettas imported by Galef (Silver & Golden Snipe) and the BL-series are excellent guns, but usually sell cheaper than the current 6-series.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I would take the advice and look for a used Browning or Beretta. The Brownings are made by Miroku for Browning (I own a B325)and mine has many thousands of rounds through it and is as good as the day I bought it. I wouldn't go cheap on a gun that might be used a lot.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote