New
Find
Notify
Tools

410 lever action???
 Login/Join

<waldog>
posted
Has anyone seen, handled, or owned one of those 9410 Winchesters? It's a modle 94 leveraction that shoots .410 shells. I checked it out on their website and thought it was a hell of an idea. Just curious if anyone has one.

<Jayboid>
posted
I have seen one. Always amazes me how many rifles and shotguns were and have been designed.

What would one use a .410 Lever Action for?

Mentioned a 2 shot 12g German Mauser Shotgun in a post here. Normal length barrel, most certainly not a goose gun, and wondered why it would be manufactured. A fellow responded, most likely it was a forgager, and used by the army to live off the land.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It only shoots 2 1/2 inch shells, and unless they have changed it has a cylinder bore. Which more or less places it in the rat control category. It sounds neat, and looks neat, but the way it is set up makes it nearly worthless for any real world uses.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<ChuckD>
posted
Gatorgo--Wouldn't it be cool to show up at your local club with one, and do well?!? "Look at at that guy with the 30-30 on the sporting clays course---" Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
To have any chance at all, you would have to have choke tubes installed. And, normal sporting clays with a 2 1/2 inch .410 would be challenging, to say the least. But, yes, I agree the gun looks neat and it could be fun on skeet with tubes. I haven't measured but suppose the action length precludes 3 inch shells. Otherwise USRA is being real stupid.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote