Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A "new" 1932 Superposed...
 Login/Join

posted
This one I picked up in its current state. Since I am primarily a sporting clays shooter, and the gun fit well enough, I put in my collection. It is a 32" barreled, "non-crossfire" rib optioned 1932 Superposed. The chokes are .13 & .29 - good for game and clays, but really smokes sporting clays. Gun is just over 7.5 pounds and very lively for its length. The upgraded engraving and case colors are by Angelo Bee. It is usually the oldest "modern" sporting gun when it comes out on sunny days to shoot or compete and the old girl turns heads and performs well. I probably would have chosen a more traditional stock pattern, with the same wood, rather than make it look like a Browning that had a side-trip through the Perazzi factory. It does work well though for targets of most types.

Regards - redleg

Posts: 15 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
tu2

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any idea who did the stock work?

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should be ready for an other 1/4 million more rounds.
VERY nice!

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek:

I have no idea who did the stock. Dockwiler was suggested previously and I have confirmed that to be untrue.

regards - redleg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh! What a dream gun! The Gun Gods are with you! Would you mind to tell us around what that set you back?

Posts: 559 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I will tell you that I found the gun and its previous owner was in need of money. The "deal" is one of the very best deals I've ever come across, probably less than 20 cents on the dollar given the approximate price to comlete a work like this.

regards - redleg

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! tu2