New
Find
Notify
Tools

O/U for son-12 ga
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks my son is now 17 -6 Ft 1 in and wants to graduate from a BSS 20 guage Browning to a O/U 12 Guage that would be used mostly for waterfowl-read Geese. Money is a concern of course but I would like to get him something he could use for a long time--any advise??

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are lots of options. Best way to start is to take him arround to stores/guns shows and see what he likes. Style and feel mean a lot in shotguns. Some guys love Berettas, others Brownings etc.

If he like the BSS a O/U Miroku might be good and are ones that are not too expensive. There are SKBs. Old Beretta BL-3 are good inexpensive guns. Just some thoughts.

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can look at one try a B Rizzini Vertex they are good solid guns that are high performance steel shot proofed I have an earlier model that I love they are built along the lines of a sporter try these sites
www.rizziniusa.com
www.rizzini.itcom

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a little research on the Lanber. I bought my daughetr one 3 years ago. Made in Spain and very popular in Europe. My daughter shoots a lot of clays, maybe 1000 birds a year and has had zero problems with her gun. Her's is a #2087
Nice looking gun too.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote