The Accurate Reloading Forums
O/U for son-12 ga

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/579104351

15 November 2004, 12:12
samwise
O/U for son-12 ga
Folks my son is now 17 -6 Ft 1 in and wants to graduate from a BSS 20 guage Browning to a O/U 12 Guage that would be used mostly for waterfowl-read Geese. Money is a concern of course but I would like to get him something he could use for a long time--any advise??
15 November 2004, 15:27
Chasseur
There are lots of options. Best way to start is to take him arround to stores/guns shows and see what he likes. Style and feel mean a lot in shotguns. Some guys love Berettas, others Brownings etc.

If he like the BSS a O/U Miroku might be good and are ones that are not too expensive. There are SKBs. Old Beretta BL-3 are good inexpensive guns. Just some thoughts.
16 November 2004, 00:05
smlekid
If you can look at one try a B Rizzini Vertex they are good solid guns that are high performance steel shot proofed I have an earlier model that I love they are built along the lines of a sporter try these sites
www.rizziniusa.com
www.rizzini.itcom
17 November 2004, 05:37
Walker
Do a little research on the Lanber. I bought my daughetr one 3 years ago. Made in Spain and very popular in Europe. My daughter shoots a lot of clays, maybe 1000 birds a year and has had zero problems with her gun. Her's is a #2087
Nice looking gun too.