New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Side By Side Shotgun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is my understanding that Ruger is not shipping any of the side by side shotguns yet.

Does anyone have any insight as to when Ruger intends to start shipping them to wholesalers and retailers?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun shop, where I work, has been waiting to see one too. The rep hasn't even seen one. It's been almost a year. Hard to tell when we'll see one and then the demand will be high.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
does anyone remember when Ruger advertized a larger sized mini 14 in 308 ? They had so many problems with the prototype that they dropped the project.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hate it when a company announces a product and then can't produce a single one for years. Ruger is a noted for this. I hear Franchi is also coming out with a new SXS, but it doesn't even show up on their web site yet. Ruger has had their SXS in their catalogs and on their web site for over a year. Annoying isn't it?

Posts: 59 | Location: Upstate NY USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
In general having a lag time that long is poor marketing. The hype of the articles and "water-cooler" talk create a thirst then people get frustrated and end up quinching it with another product.

Kyler

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have quinch it with a Beretta Ultralight. BTW, I was told Feb, then March and now I heard it was July. Got tired of waiting. For those who want to know how much those Gold Label are going for, it is $1420.00, which was the amount of my deposit until I bought the Beretta.

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30 Caliber Mag Fan:
It is my understanding that Ruger is not shipping any of the side by side shotguns yet.

Does anyone have any insight as to when Ruger intends to start shipping them to wholesalers and retailers?

Thanks in advance.

Ruger doesn't.

This was the NRA "Gun of the Year" for 2002, BTW.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote