THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    H&R "Re-inforced Breech" Shotgun!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&R "Re-inforced Breech" Shotgun!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've recently picked up a nice single-shot H&R hammered 12 gauge, its got the words "12 Gauge Choke" stamped on the barrel and "Re-enforced Breech" stamped on the left sidewall, 2 3/4" chamber, 32-inch tube, but the real kicker is that the chamber's wall thickness must be a little over 1/4"!!! Eeker the gun weighs 7 pounds!! has a little "U" groove rear-sight in the action just in front of the top-lever that just about brackets the big copper bead up at the end of the barrel....this gun is built like a rock, its solid with a capital "S" Smiler can anybody gimme some info on this shotgun and why it has a such a massive barrel.....any help would be greatly appreciated Smiler

regards,

Zubin

One shot..meat! Two shots...maybe...Three shots...heap shit! - Old Indian adage

Posts: 137 | Location: Pune, IN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I remember H&R madeing some 12 gau barrels like that .
Some were labeled as Super Goose , for the guys loadeing specal shells for long range geese .
But I thought these were 3"

Others were for card or turkey shoots
The U notch was a sight of sorts
In that game you shoot 1 shot at a card or paper plate .
Most pellet holes in a circle wins the ham or Turkey

I have one in the case labled Long Tom
It was for turkey hunting

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not completely sure, but I think it is using the steel 10ga frame instead of the iron 12 gauge frame- this would explain the breech dia. and the reinforced moniker.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If all else fails give H&R a call , They may be able to tell you more .

1-978-630-8220

They will be closed till after the first of the year , So don't expect to get anyone for a few days .