THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Goodbye, Vandalia Grand American
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye, Vandalia Grand American
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Drove down to the "Opening Weekend" of the Grand American at Vandalia, Ohio. In years gone by the place would have been packed; parking lots full, trolley trailers SRO, shops packed. That was not the case today as the numbers, both shooters and shoppers on vendors row is noticeably down. The entire atmosphere struck me as being quite flat.

This is the last Grand American Trap Shoot at Vandalia. Next year it moves to a new location in Sparta, Illinois (near St. Louis).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/mattnorman/GrandAmerican.jpg[/IMG]]

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there myself for the Clay Target Championship and the doubles and handicap event for the day that followed, and I was really disappointed at the turn out. This was my 10th Grand, it wasn't like all the others, just not as good. Hopefully, though, when the 5 year lease is up, it will come back somewhere in OH, or even better, in PA. clap

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I was ther also .
Not to shoot but to help a freinds daughter shoot .( she choked and only shot a 91)
I agree the Grand was nothing like it was a few years back ( 1996 was the last year I shot there)
Sorry to see them leave

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote