New
Find
Notify
Tools

need information?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got a single shot Steven shot in good condition and i need some information on the gun.Let with the serial number which i cannot find the numbers on the gun are HD234 and the barrel is Nitro Steel this will help you as far as mgr date which i would like to know,the gun has no top lever, you open by by trigger after you shot it .So can anyone help me? Thank

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Firearms sold in the U.S. prior to 1968 were not required to have serial numbers. Manufacturers of low-priced shotguns like the Stevens usually did not place serial numbers on them prior to this time, so your shotgun is almost certainly older than that date.

These were low-cost but serviceable shotguns that were most frequently practical guns kept to ward off varmints like skunks or raccons attempting to raid a hen house. They would also double as passable bird guns in season. In decades past there have probably been more doves, quail, and ducks taken with plain old single-shots than with all of the fancy doubles and autos combined.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote