THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Future of the A.T.A. Grand American?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Future of the A.T.A. Grand American?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Mike Smith and I met up today at Jaqua's and then drove to Vandalia to spend a couple hours at the A.T.A. Grand. Being the afternoon of the last Saturday it was quite slow and some of the vendors were already packed up and leaving.

I haven't been active in A.T.A. for quite a few years now. There was talk a couple years ago of moving the Grand American to Illinois. Now I hear that is off and perhaps a move to Las Vegas is being proposed.

Would appreciate hearing from somebody who is more informed/up-to-date on what the future holds for the A.T.A. Grand.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt, check out this link. There are a couple of fellas that "are in the know" and are following closely at what's going to happen.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthreads.cfm

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Justin>
posted
Matt,
A friend of mine that follows this stuff pretty closely and has a lot of friends in the ATA said that the Sparta site is almost a done-deal. It wouldn't bother me to move it, I can't break a decent score at the current site! Although, admittedly, the history just won't be at the new site...