New
Find
Notify
Tools

At least it was free
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I was a kid, the only shotgun we had was an old 16 gauge Winchester pump. I've never owned a 16. At a friend's place the other day he was showing me around some remodeling he had done, and I spotted an old single shot shotgun in the corner. I asked about it and he brushed it off, just an old 16 shotgun. So I asked him if he'd sell it to me, it needs refinished and blued. He said no, just take it, he had no use for it. Turns out to be quite common, a 16 gauge Stevens model 107B, last made in 1945. It's older than I am. No monetary value, but I'm going to like it anyway. It's in pretty good shape. I can hardly wait till my kid gets the recoil with that solid butt end on it. Wink

Posts: 15888 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
when i was a kid, i had a bolt-action .410.... it was stolen when i'd had it about 3 yrs... always wanted another, but never got 1.... when i was in grade school, i'd make lists of all the guns i wanted... 1 was a model 12, 20 ga.... i got that gun year before last, for $180... 40 yrs late, but i got it finally...it was made in 1937....and the stock has been shortened, but still a good shooter.... beer.... congrats on your old stevens...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote