New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Grand?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy, has anyone here tried this new press from RCBS? I sure am looking at it really hard. Any input would be greatly appreciated. How bout the MEC 9000 in comparison?

Posts: 370 | Location: Memphis, TN. U.S.A. | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
go here and do a search for it. It's been a good machine for those who have it.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthreads.cfm

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn`t see a seach bar over there, went back 30 days, and thats a lot of looking, and saw no comments, but thanks anyway.

Posts: 370 | Location: Memphis, TN. U.S.A. | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim, the searh is on top left, just above the "thread name".

try this.
http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/ssearch.cfm

You'll want to type in RCBS as just using "grand" will get you all the ATA shoots.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Al, I tried you url and got plenty of info, thanks for the help. It appears folks are pretty happy with it.

<1GEEJAY>
posted
I bought a Grand about 6 weeks ago.I had lots of problems,in the beginning of use.I think it was because the press was not set up properly at the factory/.Several shell holders broke,and the indexing arm bent.RCBS,replaces all parts free of charge.The press is now working fine.Once in a while a primer wont drop.If you dont see it,you will get a powder spill.I removed the shell ejector rod.The press runs much smoother without it.You just have to remove the hull,from station one,before you put another in.It is a very well designed press.I just would have liked less plastic parts.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com