THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Help with translating markings on barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with translating markings on barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
/I,m looking at an old sidelock sxs shotgun for sale made by "JP Sauer & John Suhl" . One marking is "nicht fur kugel" ,what does this mean? I,m thinking it is "not for ?????)
Also written is "fluss-stahl" on the left barrel(is this fluid steel?) and "krupp-essen" on the right barrel with serial number 91367.
Can anyone tell me anything about what these mean? Anyone know anthing about these shotguns?

Sympathy please ,I have champagne tastes and beer budget

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nicht fur kugel = not for slug. Krupp is a german steel maker .Fluss stahl I assume is fluid steel as opposed to damascus.

one of us
posted Hide Post
AH ,not for slug. Thats OK I was hoping it wasnt something like not for nitro loads or something along those lines. I was only going to use it for low/medium presure loads anyway.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
With Essen being the town near the Ruhr where Krupp was located, and Suhl the name of the town where it was built. HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
I would assume that is JP Sauer und Sohn, not a cheap or shoddy piece.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The side locks have engraved on them "JP Sauer & John Suhl"