Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Silver Pigeon S
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gordy
posted
I have ordered a Beretta Silver Pigeon S Over /Under shotgun in 12 gauge with 28 inch barrels does anybody here have experience with one of these guns?
regards
Dan

Posts: 45 | Location: nfld canada | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Yes, and a good one.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Gordy,

Yes, I had pretty good luck with my Silver Pigeon. It broke one cheap spring and the barrels separated from the monoblock (only $100 to fix). The spring broke after I'd only had it a few years but the barrels just recently separated last year after somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 rounds.
Overall I think they're a great value and few people ever shoot them enough to have the problems I had.

Good shooting,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like them

I have a 686 siver pigeon and a older 686 Special with fixed chokes. The older one is my favorite

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
My examples were all S687 sporting clay models, using the std. Mobilchokes. Soft shooters for O/U's, and no issues.

The 686 / 687 actions are the same throughout the line-- it is just what you want attached to them that is different.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I have two S687's, a 12 bore 30" multichoke, would class it as a light sporter / heavy game gun; and a S687 20 bore with 29.5" fixed choke barrels. I love mine. I do 80% of my shooting with the 20 bore these days. That's the last shotgun I would part with.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, good results with my 28g 686S. I found that it fit me quite well, right off the shelf, and has performed flawlessly the 10 months and 3,000+ rounds that I have had it for.
If you have the same results, I think you will be well pleased.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote