New
Find
Notify
Tools

A5 Jamming
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all, can anyone offer advice about an A5 that jams? Essentially it appears that it is allowing too many cartridges into the breech at once effectively jamming the action. Is it to do with the magazine or feed from it?

Thanks

Z

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Is the brass friction ring correctly positioned ?

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Andre, yes the friction ring is positioned where it should be for the shells I'm using. Could parts of the action be worn and so allowing more shells to feed than is correct?

Thanks

Gareth

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Did you check the magazine stop on the other side of the receiver to make sure it is in one position or the other... It is possible for this item to wear but I have not seen it on mine with a good bit of abuse...If you do not have it browning will send you a good schematic for breaking down the receiver...

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys: problem now resolved.

Turns out that using 67.5mm shells will cause the symptoms that I described.

Changed to 70mm shells and the problem dissapeared. Hope that helps anyone with the same prob.

Regards

Z